The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory [SARAO] has an opportunity for an Administration Officer to join the team in the communications department, reporting to the science communications editor. The primary purpose of this position is to support the overall SARAO communication strategy, to provide the necessary logistical and administrative support within the unit. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting with project management, evaluation, and monitoring of the communications unit’s implementations, programmes and projects.
- Provide overall office-based administrative support to the SARAO Communications Unit;
- Provide administrative support for SARAO Communications supported events in terms of planning, logistics and procurement;
- Participate in the organisation of Public Site Visits in terms of logistics, administration and arrangements;
- Ensure that the SARAO Communications unit adheres to the SCM processes in terms of procurement and sourcing of marketing materials and products; and
- Keep a record of resources available/in stock in the Communications Unit.
- Project management diploma qualification or related field
- Minimum of 5 (five) years in project management and event coordination; and
- Must have a Code 8/B driver’s licence and be willing to travel as required.
- Auditing of resources;
- Client liaison; and
- Supply Chain Management;
- Travel Arrangements;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Computer Skills;
- Interpersonal Skills;
- Verbal And Written Communication; and
About The Employer
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, providing the National Research Facilities and science outreach platforms and programmes to the broader community in all fields of science and technology, including natural sciences, engineering, social sciences and humanities.
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) spearheads South Africa’s activities in the Square Kilometre Array Radio [SKA] Telescope in engineering, science and construction. SARAO is a national facility managed by the National Research Foundation and incorporates radio astronomy instruments and programmes such as the MeerKAT and KAT-7 telescopes in the Karoo, the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) in Gauteng, the African Very Long Baseline Interferometry (AVN) programme in nine African countries as well as the associated human capital development and commercialisation endeavours.
The NRF offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package which is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The company is committed to employment equity, and the appointment will be made in line with the NRF Employment Equity Plan.
The NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment. Furthermore, the Foundation will send correspondence to short-listed candidates only. In addition, the closing date is the 19th of August 2021
To apply for the position, kindly click here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.