SpaceX is hiring a Growth Manager to oversee Starlink growth opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa. The successful candidate will join the Growth team responsible for launching, growing, and improving Starlink throughout the region. This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, reporting to the team at the California, USA headquarters. They will be accountable for Starlink’s growth and success in the region, identifying and removing barriers to growth, championing user experience, and driving initiatives to accelerate adoption.
- Own growth of active consumer subscriber base in the region, identifying blockers and prioritizing levers for growth;
- Set vision, develop strategy, and manage a budget around consumer growth initiatives, strategies, and tactics to meet company goals in the region;
- Deeply understand the customer experience in the country, elevating insights to drive localized improvements;
- Develop dashboards to track progress, drive improvements to growth and operational metrics, work with the operations team to create forecasts and communicate to the broader Starlink team and senior leadership;
- Engage with local partners to drive efforts catered to the market, understand what’s working and what’s not, and drive continuous improvement; and
- Champion key strategic consumer-focused projects end-to-end by collaborating and working cross-functionally with Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Support teams.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 5+ years of experience in consulting or project management;
- 3+ years of experience in Excel and SQL;
- 2+ years of experience in leading interdisciplinary projects; and
- Current residency and work authorization in Africa.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, or economics disciplines;
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in go-to-market, growth, international operations, consulting, software, internet, and/or media industries, or early-stage companies ;
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives;
- Demonstrated track record of cross-functional stakeholder management and leadership through influence;
- Distinctive project management, problem-solving, and analysis skills combined with business judgment and top communication skills;
- Experience working in broadband internet or other consumer product industries; and
- Master’s degree in management, engineering, or supply chain.
- Applicants who have a current right to work in Kenya will be prioritised;
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time;
- SpaceX does not yet have regional offices in all regions of the world. Depending on the candidate identified, this role may not work from a SpaceX office; and
- The successful applicant must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
For more information on this opportunity, visit here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.