Simera Sense has a vacancy for a Scrum Master to lead the development teams to understand and implement Scrum theory and practice. The successful applicant will join the Somerset West, Western Cape team full-time.
- Provide necessary focus to the teams to ensure on-time delivery of the agreed deliverables;
- Encourage full participation of team members within their defined roles and responsibilities;
- Ensure that the Agile implementation is appropriately focused and controlled;
- Manage risks and issues in the sprint;
- Monitor progress on a day-to-day basis for all team activities;
- Report progress to the Project Manager(s);
- Facilitate all the Scrum events;
- Ensure that the daily stand-up meetings are timely, focused and brief; and
- Train the development teams and the broader organisation about Scrum.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Industrial Engineering or more than ten years of relevant experience;
- Any of the following certifications: CSM, PMI Agile Scrum, SAFe Scrum Master, ITIL;
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban is highly desirable;
- 3+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master; and
- 5+ years’ experience as part of an Agile team.
- Expert knowledge of one or more Agile project management methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban);
- Successful track record of adapting Agile methodologies to the needs of the organisation;
- Good facilitating and coaching skills; and
- Ability to establish a repeatable, structured and disciplined approach to the Agile process, among others, through sprint metrics.
Prior work experience at a low-volume manufacturing firm in the aerospace industry and project-based electronic or mechanical hardware and software development, knowledge of traditional project management methodologies and experience with electronic and mechanical hardware and software development lifecycles will be highly advantageous.
For more information, kindly visit here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.