Simera Sense is recruiting a Junior Project Manager on a full-time contract at Somerset West in South Africa. The successful candidate will work in a global niche market for micro-satellite optical payloads.
- Developing new project plans in consultation with stakeholders.
- Working with the team to execute projects ensures we remain on track to reach project objectives.
- Regularly reporting on the status of projects.
- Assisting with project management administrative tasks as required.
- Supporting continued improvements of the project management system.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Industrial Engineering.
- A recognised project management qualification is recommended.
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban is desirable.
- 2+ years of project-based electronic or mechanical hardware and/or software engineering experience.
- Demonstrable experience as a junior project manager or similar. Prior work experience at a low-volume manufacturing firm in the aerospace industry would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of prevailing project management methods.
- Ability to think ahead, with the capacity to identify and minimise risks.
- Ability to set challenging goals and achieve these.
- Good organisational skills and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with tools and metrics needed to evaluate project performance.
- Ability to perceive and ameliorate conflict and tension.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Visit here to apply.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.