Simera Sense is searching for a Quality Manager to join its team full-time at its facility in Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa. The Quality Manager will lead, direct and control the planning, implementation and optimisation of the quality function at Simera Sense in order to meet the organisation’s quality objectives.
- Oversee the quality inspection function;
- Plan, develop, and lead the team in delivering products with the correct quality;
- Define, implement, maintain and improve a QMS that meets the requirements of the industry standards;
- Support and lead internal/external audits to ensure and verify compliance to applicable requirements, including AS9100 and customer specific requirements;
- Lead Quality Assurance continuous improvement efforts in production and engineering;
- Establish and implement a process to determine root cause and corrective action for quality system failures, including non-conformities;
- Ensure effective monitoring processes are defined and implemented for vendors, suppliers and subcontractors;
- Maintain and upgrade the calibration system for all tools, equipment, etc.; and
- Participate in formal design, procurement, manufacturing, testing and delivery reviews to ensure inclusion and approval of quality requirements and standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years in quality, engineering, and or manufacturing role is required;
- Quality Manager (CQM) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is desirable;
- 3+ years of experience in the management of manufacturing and quality organizations or a similar role is required;
- 5+ years of experience working with ISO 9000 and AS9100 is required;
- 1+ years of experience of deploying QMS across an organization is highly recommended; and
- Prior work experience in the aerospace industry is highly desirable.
- Good practical understanding of the relevant industry quality standards;
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and engineering processes and procedures;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels internally and externally;
- Good interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Good organisational skills and leadership skills.
The position is permanent and full-time. Thus, the ability to commute/relocate to Somerset West, Western Cape is necessary. For more information, including the application questions, further duties and responsibilities, and key personal attributes, please visit here.
Simera Sense supplies mid to high-resolution earth observation camera for CubeSats, small satellites and the NewSpace market. Their optical payload products aim to offer complete space imaging solutions for small satellites. Furthermore, Simera Sense optimises its accessible market by diversifying its product range to service multiple industries and client needs.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.