Simera Sense is developing into the dominant medium- and high-resolution earth observation camera supplier for CubeSats and Small Satellites, globally. Simera Sense intends to establish itself as offering complete space imaging solutions for Small Satellites.
Simera Sense is in need of an electronic engineer to join the team in the further development of our electronic systems specifically firmware development and electronic design.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
The applicant will be responsible for the designing, building, testing and integration of digital and electro-optical electronics for the aerospace sector.
This entails the following:
– Design and implementation of VHDL and C firmware
– Development of digital and/or electro-optical systems.
– Design of multi-layer rigid and semi-rigid flex PCBs
– Assist in product testing campaigns
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
– B Eng (Electronic), MSc Eng (Electronic)
– 5+ years’ experience in the development of digital and/or electro-optical systems.
– Solid Experience in high-speed FPGA firmware design using VHDL.
– Experience with Microsemi FPGAs will be an advantage
– Experience in writing C code in an embedded environment.
– Experience with Python (or similar scripting languages) will be an advantage
– Experience in multi-layer PCB design using Altium Designer.
– Understanding of high-speed and high-reliability design practice including low noise analogue and low voltage point-of-load power electronics.
– Experience in environmental testing and acceptance testing to high-quality standards will be an advantage
– Experience in CCD and/or CMOS electro-optical design will be an advantage.
– Understanding of radiation effects on electronics will be an advantage
– Experience in coding standard compliance including revision control will be an advantage.
– Experience in MS Office packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
– Experience in Siemens Teamcenter will be an advantage.
JOB RELEVANT PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
– Interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with interdisciplinary team members.
– Strong analytical thinking skills as innovation and lateral thinking skills will be required.
– Self-driven, self-motivated person, willing to take on long-term responsibility.
– Ability to complete a well-rounded and documented product.
– Attention to detail
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.