The Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC), in partnership with Euroconsult, is accepting applications for scholarships from young professionals to attend the World Satellite Business Week, in Paris, France. The scholarship winners, 16 of them, will need to select whether they want to participate in either the Summit for Satellite Financing (SSF) and attend on 12-14 September 2022 or the Summit on Earth Observation Business (SEOB) and attend on 14-16 September 2022.
The winners of the scholarship will receive an award in order to attend one of the following events of the World Satellite Business Week (WSBW) in Paris, France:
- Summit for Satellite Financing (SSF): 12 – 14 September 2022
- Summit on Earth Observation Business (SEOB): 14 – 16 September 2022
The award will cover the ticket to the WSBW only; other expenses such as travel expenses, accommodations, and visa costs are NOT reimbursed/included.
How to Apply
Applicants will need to prepare a one-page essay (max 500 words) on In-Space Logistics. The rationale behind the idea and the five Ws (What will it be?, Who will do this?, Why will it be like that?, Where will this happen?, When/How?) should be included in the essay. The essay must be focused on answering:
“How do you expect a sustainable in-space logistics infrastructure to be in 2040?”
Applicants may use the following references:
Please note that all submissions must be made by using the scholarship submission form here. Documents should be submitted as unlocked PDF files, with the applicant’s name included at the top of all pages. Furthermore, all applicants’ submissions should follow the competition guidelines below.
- The scholarship is open to all young professionals
- Participants must be eligible SGAC members (registered on the SGAC website) between the age of 18 and 35 years as of the 23rd of October, 2022.
- Competition judges are ineligible for the award.
- The language of all submissions must be English.
- All submissions must be made by the 1st of August 2022, 23:59 GMT. Any submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
Responsibilities of the Winners
The winning author will attend either the entire SSF 2022 or the entire SEOB 2022.
The free ticket will be given to the winner before the WSBW 2022.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- By submitting an entry, applicants agree to permit the SGAC to use their names, affiliations, and headshot photo in connection with the scholarship. This also applies to the essay that is submitted: portions of this essay could be used for promotional purposes (the authors, of course, will be credited for the content).
- Copyright of the submitted entry shall remain with the contestants. However, by submitting an entry all contestants agree that SGAC and all affiliated organisers are granted non-exclusive reproduction rights regarding all submitted papers. SGAC and all affiliated organisers may also present ideas and findings generated by this competition at relevant conferences.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event the WSBW 2022 is cancelled. SGAC will not reimburse the winning author, even if he/she has already incurred expenses.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event the award winner fails to attend WSBW 2022 or is unable to under extenuating circumstances; in that case, the award offer shall become void.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event the award winner cannot obtain any necessary travel documents; if they are required but not obtained, the award offer shall become void.
- The award is not transferable to another event or individual
The applications will be evaluated by a panel composed of the SGAC Scholarships Team and Euroconsult.
The deadline for applications is 1 August 2022, 23:59 GMT. The results will be announced on 10 August 2022. For any questions, please refer to SGAC Scholarships Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, kindly check here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.