The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO), which includes the MeerKAT and the African SKA programme, is recruiting bright and enthusiastic engineering and science-honours graduates for its graduate programme in radio astronomy.
Eligibility for a SARAO graduate programme
South African citizens and permanent residents, who are in the final year of:
- A Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechatronic Engineering
- A Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering (Urban Engineering or Construction Management), Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechatronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Science Engineering in Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science-Honours
Please take note that:
- Short-listed candidates will be assessed through an online assessment in August 2022. This assessment forms part of the selection process. Dates for the assessment will be communicated to short-listed candidates, and are non-negotiable.
- Successful graduate interns will be based in Cape Town, for a period of 3 years, starting in approximately January 2023.
- Successful graduate interns may complete a master’s degree (part-time) during their 3-year internship.
To register, please complete the application form here. The deadline for applications is June 30, 2022. Interested applicants should fill in all the fields and ensure they upload the required documentation. SARAO will not consider incomplete applications. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.