The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is hiring an Electrical Instrumentation Technician on a permanent contract. The successful candidate support and maintain BMS and other BMS-related supporting systems, perform routine maintenance, installation and integration of various types of process control instrumentation equipment such as transmitters, controllers, integrators, recorders and final drive elements, and make repairs to electrical power, motor and motor control circuits.
- Maintaining BMS and other BMS supporting systems;
- Perform repair work on BMS-related software (CITEC SCADA);
- Perform repair work on BMS Systems (CITEC SCADA);
- Perform routine inspection ns on BMS and HIK-related hardware;
- Perform modifications on BMS-related software and hardware;
- Install software to BMS hardware and software systems;
- Repair and install electrical power to the BMS system and related hardware; and
- Up-to-Date record keeping of all faults and repair work on the RAMLOG system.
- Qualified Electrician – Trade Test;
- ND: Electrical is advantageous;
- Valid motor vehicle license; and
- Certification to work on 22kV and 33kV transmission lines is advantageous
- 5-year work experience in electrical control and distribution environment;
- Experience working with SCADA systems and related software; and
- Experience working in a PLC environment.
- Instrumentation, PLCs, SCADA and fire detection systems;
- Good understanding of CITEC Systems and software;
- Good analytical capabilities; and
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Good writing skills;
- Computer skills;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
The website provides more details on the NRF initiatives and activities.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV here and apply before 22 May 2023. Furthermore, applicants should include a letter of motivation indicating their suitability for the position in their applications. In addition, the applicants must provide at least three referees’ names and contact details.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress, and appointments to the position will align with the NRF Employment Equity Plan. In addition, the NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment and will send correspondence to short-listed candidates only.
Kindly visit here for more information regarding the job opening.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.