The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is recruiting a procurement officer to work at its facility in Cape Town, Western Cape, for a five-year fixed term. The procurement officer (supply chain management officer) is expected to assist in ensuring that efficient and effective procurement services are rendered to internal divisions and to ensure that SARAO complies with all supply chain management rules and regulations. In addition, the successful candidate will organise, control and coordinate supply chain management functions including demand, acquisition, bid administration and supplier performance.
- Ensure compliance with SCM policies and procedures, rules and regulations, legislative objectives and other related frameworks
- Provide support in the Procuring and Purchasing of goods and services
- Prepare RFQ/RFP/RFO for purchasing of goods and services; source quotations for purchases in compliance with the regulations; ensure compliance requirements in terms of SCM thresholds; advise divisions and assist with the preparation of deviations where applicable
- Administer the end-to-end tender and quotation process: terms of reference preparations, tender documents preparation, bid invitations; tender briefings, bid administration; bid evaluation, pre- and adjudication and contract management
- Communicate with the suppliers/vendors to source compliance documents
- Assist in providing secretarial service to the Bid Committees: bid/tender advert, bids/tender documents for advertisements, etc
- Request quotation for shipping requirements of goods – imports and exports
- 3-year relevant Diploma / Degree preferably in Supply Chain Management
- 3 years working experience in a SCM environment in a highly complex organisation (Public Sector and/or Science/Engineering)
- Working experience in tender/bid processes
- Buying for the Science/engineering sector
- Knowledge of Public Sector SCM, NT regulations, PFMA, GRAP and PAIA and PAJA and CIBD Regulations and related legislation
- Knowledge in Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Purchasing Management
- Advanced MS Office and Systems
- Presentation Skills
- Demand Forecasting
- Supplier Performance Management
- High Level of report writing skills
- Anti-corruption and fraud prevention measures
- Clear understanding of the public service
- Working independently in a pressurised environment
- Knowledge of all the relevant legislative frameworks and regulations
- Supporting and Cooperating
- Interacting and Presenting
- Organising and Executing
- Analysing and Interpreting
- Enterprising and Performing
- Adapting and Coping
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a comprehensive CV here before 31 July 2022. Applicants should also include a letter of motivation in their applications, demonstrating their suitability for the role. In addition, applicants must provide the names and contact information of at least three referees.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress, and appointments to the position will be made in line with the NRF Employment Equity Plan. In addition, the NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment and will send correspondence to short-listed candidates only.
You can get more information regarding the opening here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.