The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) intends to recruit a Junior electrical technician on a permanent contract basis. The Junior electrical technician will provide support to the Functional Manager: Electrical and Senior Electrical Engineer with respect to electrical related tasks. These tasks may include design aspects, site visits/inspections and reviews.
- Has basic practical knowledge of electrical engineering manufacturing, installation, testing and maintenance of electrical systems;
- Provide specific practical support relating to electrical manufacturing, installation testing and maintenance;
- Assume responsibility pertaining to adherence to manufacturing, installation, test and maintenance procedures.
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience;
- Electrical Engineering Projects;
- Systems Engineering;
- Logistic and Maintenance Engineering;
- Working in multi-disciplinary projects;
- Change Control
- Power distribution and reticulation design
- Power distribution and reticulation operation and maintenance
- Eskom and NRS codes, standards and specifications
- SABS and ISO standards
- OHS Act
- Power generation and storage systems
- Project Management (PMBOK)
- Systems Engineering (SEBOK)
- ESKOM Operating Regulations (ORHVS)
- Configuration Management
- The candidate must be able to work under pressure
- Manage numerous tasks simultaneously
- Design and Maintain electrical systems logistic support baseline
Interested applicants should submit a comprehensive CV by logging in here and applying online. A letter of motivation indicating the applicant’s suitability for the position should accompany the application. In addition, the applicant should also provide the names and contact details of at least three referees.
You can get more information on the opening here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.