The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is looking to hire an RFI Specialist on a permanent basis. The successful applicant’s primary responsibility will be to support the senior RFI engineer principally in the specification, design and development of RFI monitoring systems. Other key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop specialised radio frequency hardware for highly sensitive fixed and mobile RFI monitoring systems;
- Analyse radio frequency measurement data as a diagnostic tool for developing specialised radio frequency hardware;
- Produce well-written, value-adding reports that can be used at management level for key decision-making;
- Clearly articulate and present analysis work at levels ranging from RFI working group meetings to international conferences, symposiums and workshops;
- Identify, design and develop RFI mitigations solutions for RFI culprits; and
- Calibration of RF hardware systems, sub-systems and components.
- Masters of Science Engineering/Masters of Science Computer Science
- 3 years of working experience within a radio frequency or software environment
- Ability to work in a development environment;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Highly motivated and committed;
- Thorough and meticulous;
- Brilliant problem-solving skills; and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested persons can apply by submitting a comprehensive CV and applying online. Applicants should also include a letter of motivation in their applications, indicating their suitability for the position. In addition, applicants are to also provide the names and contact details of at least three referees. Applications will close on 1 September 2022.
The National Research Foundation (NRF) offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package which is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, the NRF commits to employment equity and redress. As a result, it will make the appointment for the position in line with its Employment Equity Plan.
The NRF also reserves the right not to make an appointment and will only send correspondence to short-listed candidates.
You can find more information regarding the vacancy here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.