The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) intends to hire an experienced and passionate web developer & social media specialist on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will develop and maintain customised websites for the organisation and manage SARAO’s social media platforms. They will also contribute to the development of SARAO’s online communication strategy.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of SARAO’s online communication strategy;
- Development and management of SARAO’s online communication and social media platforms, ensuring up-to-date content, optimal functionality and user experience on all new and existing platforms. This includes design, coding, quality assurance, documentation, update and implementation of all software, including security and patches, as may be appropriate and relevant;
- Manage SARAO’s social media platforms, ensuring up-to-date content at all times
- Implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation of user experience on relevant online communication platforms;
- Work together with relevant internal stakeholders to profile SARAO’s scientific and technical achievements in an accessible and understandable manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in software development or web development with over 5 years of relevant experience; OR
- Diploma in software development or web development with over 7 years of relevant experience.
- More than five years of documented experience as a web developer with at least 2 years at a middle or intermediate level
- Web design and development
- Social media management
- Experience in the following shall be seen as advantageous:
- Science communications
- Working with scientific visual data
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer Relationship Management; and
- Current online communications strategy
Key competencies required
- WEBPACK to develop mobile responsive websites and applications;
- Experience with the principles of good coding;
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills; and
- Social media and content specialist.
- Keen eye for detail and the affinity to work in a dynamic environment;
- Self-starter who demonstrates a strong initiative sense of urgency, and intellectual curiosity;
- Ability to think critically, evaluate, and solve complex technical details;
- Stay current with technology, industry trends, and shares knowledge with the team;
- Must be able to work with other functional experts; and
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV here before 8 May 2022. Furthermore, applicants should include a letter of motivation indicating their suitability for the position in their applications. In addition, the applicants must provide the names and contact details of at least three referees.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress, and appointments to the position will be made in line with the NRF Employment Equity Plan. In addition, the NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment and will send correspondence to short-listed candidates only.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.