The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is looking to employ a supply chain management officer to assist with ensuring that efficient and effective procurement services are rendered to internal divisions. In addition, the incumbent will ensure that SARAO complies with all supply chain management rules and regulations, including organising, controlling and coordinating supply chain management functions such as demand, acquisition, bid administration and supplier performance.
- Ensure compliance to SCM policies and procedures, rules and regulations, legislative objectives and other related frameworks
- Provide support in the Procuring and Purchasing of goods and services
- Prepare RFQ/RFP/RFO for purchasing of goods and services; Source quotations for purchases in compliance with the regulations;
- Ensure compliance requirements in terms of SCM thresholds; Advice divisions and assist with the preparation of deviations where applicable;
- Administer the end-to-end tender and quotation process: terms of reference preparations, tender documents preparation, bid invitations; tender briefings, bid administration; bid evaluation, pre-and adjudication and contract management;
- Communicate with the suppliers/vendors to source compliance documents;
- Assist in providing secretarial service to the Bid Committees: bid/tender advert, bids/tender documents for advertisements etc.;
- Request quotation for shipping requirements of goods imports and exports.
- Three-year relevant Diploma / Degree preferably in Supply Chain Management.
- Three years working experience in an SCM environment in a highly complex organisation (Public Sector and/or Science/Engineering);
- Working experience in tender/bid processes;
- Buying for the science/engineering sector.
- Knowledge of Public Sector SCM, NT regulations, PFMA, GRAP and PAIA and PAJA and CIBD Regulations and related legislation;
- Knowledge in supply chain management, logistics and purchasing management.
- Advanced MS Office and systems;
- Presentation skills;
- Demand forecasting;
- Supplier performance management;
- High level of report writing skills;
- Anti-corruption and fraud prevention measures;
- A clear understanding of the public service;
- Working independently in a pressurised environment;
- Knowledge of all the relevant legislative frameworks and regulations;
- Supporting and cooperating;
- Interacting and presenting;
- Organising and executing;
- Analysing and interpreting;
- Enterprising and performing;
- Adapting and coping.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, kindly submit a comprehensive CV here before 04 February 2022. Furthermore, applications should be accompanied by a letter of motivation indicating the applicant’s suitability for the role. Also, the applicants should provide the names and contact details of at least three referees.
Kindly check here for more information about the National Research Foundation (NRF) initiatives and activities.
The NRF offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package commensurate with the applicants’ qualifications and experience. In addition, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress. Lastly, the appointment to the position will be made in line with the NRF Employment Equity Plan. Accordingly, correspondence will be sent to short-listed candidates only.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.