The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory is looking to hire an IT Data Center Technician. The successful candidate will maintain the systems that support the MeerKat telescope on the South African Radio Astronomy Observatory in the Northern Cape (Carnarvon).
- Manage physical and electronic databases at an operational level;
- Monitor systems to optimise operational performance;
- Configure and maintain switches (CISCO/Mellanox);
- Perform physical installation of computing equipment into the data centre;
- Perform testing on installed equipment troubleshoot using standard data centre processes;
- Monitor equipment and ensure optimal performance.
- Valid CompTIA A+ Certification;
- Valid CompTIA Network+ Certification;
- Valid CISCO CCNA Certification.
- Two (2) years of experience working with computer hardware.
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating System.
- Able to contribute positively to a team;
- Adaptable with good problem-solving skills;
- Highly motivated and committed;
- Good communicator;
- Good interpersonal skills.
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV by logging in here before 8 February 2022. Furthermore, applicants should include a letter of motivation indicating their suitability for the position in their applications. In addition, the applicants must provide the names and contact details of at least three referees.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress, and appointments to the position will be made in line with the NRF Employment Equity Plan. In addition, the NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment and will send correspondence to short-listed candidates only.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.