The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is looking to hire a human resources administrator. The incumbent will provide professional administrative support to the SARAO human resources team on all matters relating to recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, correspondence, records management, documentation management and all other human resources administrative duties.
- HR Administration & staff support including managing HR record keeping, document management and providing support to the HR team as and when required;
- Accurate process and capture HR forms and data (appointments, terminations, etc. within specified deadlines and turnaround times);
- Leave administration and record-keeping thereof;
- Maintain staff records, ensuring that all documents and files are kept up to date;
- Assistance with recruitment and selection process logistics.
- National Diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent NQF 6 related qualification.
- Two years experience in an HR Administrator role;
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to take the initiative and carry out assigned tasks to completion;
- Strong organisational, administrative and time management skills;
- Good understanding and knowledge of HR legislation;
- Effective verbal and written communication;
- Ability to deliver results that meet tight deadlines;
- Able to handle sensitive professional and confidential information;
- Attention to detail;
- Team player.
- A keen eye for detail and the affinity to work in a dynamic environment;
- Self-starter who demonstrates a strong initiative sense of urgency, and intellectual curiosity;
- Ability to think critically, evaluate, and solve complex technical details;
- Stay current with technology, industry trends, and shares knowledge with the team;
- Must be able to work with other functional experts;
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks.
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV by logging in here before 14 February 2022. Furthermore, applicants should include a letter of motivation indicating their suitability for the position in their applications. In addition, the applicants must provide the names and contact details of at least three referees.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress, and appointments to the position will be made in line with the NRF Employment Equity Plan. In addition, the NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment and will send correspondence to short-listed candidates only.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.