The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is recruiting a Hardware Engineer on a permanent contract. The successful candidate will join the Cape Town, Western Cape facility to handle hardware development of novel electronics components, modules, subsystems and systems to further the goals of the South African Radio Astronomy Observatory.
- Design and develop circuits for various electronic systems;
- Provide input to a variety of electronic designs within the team;
- Generate component symbols and capture schematics;
- Perform PCB layout and routing;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of design changes and revisions;
- Compile Acceptance Test Procedures, design documentation, datasheets and user manuals;
- Identify and resolve issues through thorough testing and troubleshooting; and
- Build and test prototypes of hardware systems.
BTech Electrical/Electronic Engineering (NQF Level 7).
Six years of experience in electronic hardware and firmware design.
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience in a research and development environment;
- Able to conceptualise and/or provide inputs to novel technical solutions to unique challenges;
- Display excellent interpersonal skills;
- Work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Work in remote locations when required; and
- Excellent communication in English (written and verbal)
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV here by 6 February 2024. Furthermore, applicants should include a letter of motivation indicating their suitability for the position in their applications. In addition, the applicants must provide at least three referees’ names and contact details.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress, and appointments to the position will align with the NRF Employment Equity Plan. In addition, the NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment and will send correspondence to short-listed candidates only.
For more information, click here
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.