The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) has an opening for a Senior Advisor Project Planning and Scheduling. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for ensuring planning and scheduling excellence across the organisation. In addition, the individual will be responsible for planning and executing schedules for assigned projects in collaboration with project managers, system engineers, functional managers, programme managers and other members of the project delivery.
The successful candidate will also coordinate and lead internal and external resources to ensure consistent planning and scheduling. Furthermore, the incumbent will ensure that scheduling efforts follow design and construction strategies that result in safe, on-time, and on-budget project deliveries that support operations activities. The incumbent will also deliver the earned value reporting and analytics in conjunction with project managers to improve the overall project execution of all projects on an as-requested basis. Finally, the incumbent will guide project planning, scheduling, and controllers across multiple projects.
- Coaches, leads and develops a team of project planners/schedulers;
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Project Management Office (PMO) on all project planning and scheduling activities;
- Oversees the development of schedule performance metrics, related processes and management tools within the organisation, including, but not limited to, critical path analysis and schedule risk assessment;
- Advises the Program/Project Manager on schedule performance, forecasts and risks;
- Identifies, negotiates and resolves conflicts between the stakeholders in the Master Planning/Scheduling process;
- Perform other duties as assigned by PMO Manager;
- Develops Performance Management annual assessment for all subordinates;
- Ensures conduct of Primavera database management and maintenance;
- Ensure accuracy of project planners/schedulers reports;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implement solutions;
- Review and update scheduling information from project teams into the master schedule;
- Evaluate variance reports showing changes from previously submitted schedules;
- Coordinate scheduled impact analysis and review of Engineering Change Proposal, change orders and updates;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly schedule updates;
- Coordinates and creates time-phased performance measures;
- Creates conceptual schedules from engineering documents, assembling phasing for use in bid documents;
- Prepare, coordinate and deliver program and project scheduling presentations to internal and external stakeholders (management), as required;
- Will work closely with the senior project managers, project managers and project coordinators.
- Btech/BSc Engineering;
- Planning and Scheduling Certification (PMI-SP).
- 7+ Years in project planning and scheduling;
- Planning and Scheduling multidisciplinary projects;
- Resource and cost loading P6 schedules;
- Planning and scheduling science and engineering projects;
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office Suite), including MS Project;
- Reviewing and approving contractors’ and consultants’ baseline schedules; and
- Supervising or directing other’s activities.
- Cost/Schedule integration;
- Schedule risk assessment;
- Basic knowledge of various cost estimating techniques; and
- Microsoft project;
- Primavera P6;
- Supervising experience;
- Earned Value Management;
- Project Management;
- Program Management;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to gather, analyse and summarise data to develop appropriate actions;
- Ability to develop processes and procedures and to direct others in doing so; and
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
For more information about the National Research Foundation (NRF) initiatives and activities, kindly check here.
To apply for this position, kindly submit a comprehensive CV here. Furthermore, applications should be accompanied by a letter of motivation indicating the applicant’s suitability for the role. Also, the names and contact details of at least three referees should be provided.
The NRF offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package commensurate with the applicants’ qualifications and experience. In addition, the NRF is committed to employment equity and redress. Lastly, the appointment to the position will be made in line with the NRF Employment Equity Plan.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.