The South African National Space Agency announces opportunities for postgraduate degree bursaries available for engineering students to contribute to the national target for qualified postgraduates in space science and engineering. Qualified postgraduates in science and engineering are encouraged to apply.
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are financial need, academic potential, and career-oriented study programmes.
The following will also be considered:
- An application will only be considered if it has been completed properly and in full.
- Documents that accompany the application form must be uploaded and certified.
- Testimonial form must be completed by the supervisor and uploaded to the application form.
For the 2020 academic year successful applicants will receive bursaries with values as stated below:
- Hons – R60 000 (one year).
- Masters – R98 000 per year for two years.
- PhD – R120 000 per year for three years.
Applicants may not hold a combination of bursaries that exceed these amounts. Should an applicant have another bursary of lesser amount, SANSA will consider providing a top-up amount to the student provided the student meets the criteria mentioned above.
Support for continuing years is not guaranteed and will depend on satisfactory progress during the previous year.
The completed application must be submitted no later than 9 September 2019 if you want to be considered for a bursary for 2020.