SANSA is looking to hire an Electronic Technician for its Space Science Program on a permanent contract. The opportunity is open to individuals with relevant skills, drive, competencies, and qualifications to join the space science team in Hermanus, Western Cape. As a result, this position requires the incumbent to be based in Hermanus.
The successful candidate will report to the engineering and data acquisition manager and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide support to Space Science units in the implementation of technical projects where electronic capabilities are needed;
- Provide required electronic maintenance support to the SANSA research platform;
- Provide support as required to all SANSA infrastructure/measuring sites;
- Perform installations and maintain instrumentation (including remote sites);
- Source and procure electronic components for unit projects;
- Work with Embedded systems, including microcontrollers as well as IoT devices;
- Help develop and assemble custom electronic subsystems for EDA projects;
- Provide electronics support to internal and external clients;
- Training staff members and students.
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering or similar qualification;
- 3-5 years experience in an electronics hardware environment;
- Previous experience in PCB design and fabrication;
- Familiarity with embedded systems;
- Experience working on Linux-based operating systems.
How to Apply
Interested persons may apply by registering their CV details and cover letter through this link. Applications will close on 14 November 2022.
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment, and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
Additionally, SANSA subscribes to the principles of employment equity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Nevertheless, the agency reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Kindly note that SANSA will only communicate with short-listed candidates. As a result, applicants may assume their application was unsuccessful if they do not hear from SANSA within four weeks of the closing date.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.