The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is looking to hire a Supply Chain Management (SCM) Officer at its Hermanus campus, in the Western Cape. Consequently, the SCM Officer will be primarily responsible for procuring goods and services for the Space Science Programme and Hermanus Facility up to R1 million (USD 65,600), ensuring compliance with National Treasury regulations on procurement. The incumbent will need to be able to complete the entire procurement process chain. This includes serving as the Bid Specification & Evaluation Committee Chairperson and reporting on SCM information and general administration. Furthermore, the incumbent will have dual reporting lines to the SCM Manager in Pretoria and the Finance and Business Manager in Hermanus. Additionally, the SCM Practitioner must be based in Hermanus.
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate the SCM function including demand, acquisition, logistics and contract management;
- Use the Treasury Central Supplier Database (CSD) to procure goods and services and assist the suppliers to register on the CSD;
- Load new vendors in the ERP system;
- Liaise with project managers with regards to procurement plans up to R1 million;
- Ensure daily procurement of goods and services;
- Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and competencies to requirements;
- Prepare RFQ and RFP documentation, and obtain quotations;
- Ensure that all bid specifications comply with relevant legislation, regulations, and policies;
- Evaluate and recommend purchases according to Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act which includes B-BBEE, price and functionality;
- Create Purchase Orders on Sage X3 system;
- Assist in the opening of public tenders and ensure tenders are registered;
- Be a chairperson and secretary for the Bid Specification and Evaluation Committees;
- Maintain proper filing, audit trail and compliance;
- Advise the line departments on the correct procurement mechanisms;
- Liaise with service providers and obtain outstanding/ required documents/ information;
- Liaise with Finance unit with regards to the supporting documents for payment and queries;
- Prepare monthly SCM reports and general administration;
- Receive physical goods in conjunction with the project manager;
- Provide administrative support with regards to BEE certification and supplier development programmes;
- Continually research new vendors and products to obtain best-value purchasing for SANSA;
- Knowledge of the tender process and the ability to perform in that space would be advantageous.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- A diploma or degree in Supply Chain Management/ Logistics/ Purchasing / Finance/ Commercial or relevant equivalent SAQA level qualification;
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in SCM with at least 2 years at the Officer level;
- Knowledge of applicable legislative and regulatory framework e.g., Public Finance and Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations and guidelines, SCM Regulations, practice notes, circulars, policy frameworks etc.;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Knowledge of MS packages (preferably Microsoft Excel and Word);
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of SCM processing on an ERP system (SAGE X3 would be advantageous).
SANSA will only communicate with candidates that make the shortlist. Thus, applicants may assume that their applications were unsuccessful if they do not hear from SANSA within four weeks of the closing date. Additionally, please note that the appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks may form part of the selection process. Furthermore, the selection process may also involve security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing.
In addition, SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Consequently, preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this. In addition, SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
The application closes on 12 November 2021. Consequently, interested and eligible candidates can apply through this link.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.