The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is looking to recruit a finance and project accountant on a permanent basis for its Space Operations programme in Hartebeeshoek, Gauteng. Interested candidates should have the relevant skills, drive, competencies, and qualifications and put South Africa’s interests first, Candidates should also possess a commercial mindset, think like SANSA’s customers, be knowledge-driven and be people-centric.
The successful candidate will report to the Finance Manager. Furthermore, they will be responsible for accounting tasks in compiling the monthly management accounting. The successful candidate will also ensure the Debtors Master file maintenance with multiple currencies, time, accurate invoicing, and debt collection. Likewise, other responsibilities include balancing the general ledger to the fixed assets register and maintaining the fixed assets register with additions, asset tags, disposals, annual impairment testing, locations, condition, and custodians. They will also complete general ledger reconciliations for review, process all journal entries for approval, aid Project Managers in finance accounting and complete the monthly commitments schedule.
Necessary qualifications and experience
- A bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Finance or Accounting qualification;
- More than three years of experience in a similar role with extensive assets, projects and finance experience;
- Sage X3 experience (fixed assets and financial modules);
- Commercial experience;
- MS Office (word and excel); and
- A valid driver’s license.
Additional advantageous knowledge
- The applicable legislative and regulatory framework;
- Public Finance and Management Act (PFMA), National Treasury Regulations and guidelines knowledge, and GRAP knowledge;
- Departmental accounting, planning and budgeting policies and procedures;
- Assets policies and procedures knowledge;
- Assets systems (manual/automated);
- Principles and practice of asset management;
- Tools and techniques for asset verification;
- Principles and practice of asset valuations;
- Financial project management experience and applicable GRAP knowledge
- Principles and practice of accounting; and
- Knowledge of reconciliations.
Key areas of responsibility
- Maintain financial transactions and information on Sage X3;
- Financial accounting of projects, journals, cost centres, reconciliations, budgets and subsistence & travel (S&T);
- Debtors and Revenue;
- Foreign exchange transactions;
- Asset accounting and management; and
- Documentation, reporting and general tasks.
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification may form part of the selection process, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment and psychometric testing.
In addition, SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment. SANSA also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities and other under-represented designated groups. Consequently, African and Coloured females, African males, and people with disabilities will receive preferences
Applications will close on 18 July 2022. interested applicants should send their detailed CV (clearly indicating the interested position), a certified ID copy and qualification certificates to this mail. Applicants should also include the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three contactable referees. Finally, the application should also contain a covering letter summarizing the reasons for the application.
SANSA will only communicate with shortlisted candidates. Furthermore, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not receive feedback four weeks after the closing date.
You can get more information about the opportunity here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.