The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is looking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful applicant will consequently be responsible for setting, driving and monitoring the achievement of the SANSA financial strategy. Furthermore, they will direct all the financial activities, including planning, procurement, and investments, for the organisation and make decisions based on its financial stability.
The CFO’s accountabilities include tracking cash flow and financial planning and proposing corrective actions. It also includes analysing the organisation’s financial strengths and weaknesses. The CFO offers strategic financial leadership and manages the financial health and governance of the organisation through the following:
- Adoption of appropriate accounting standards;
- Development of appropriate accounting policies; and
- Diligent management of financial data and procedures for the maintenance of the SANSA’s fiscal records and the preparation of its financial reports.
Ideal Qualifications and experience
- A BCompt or equivalent qualification / Chartered Accountant or similar accredited certification;
- Practical GRAP / IFRS reporting experience;
- MBA will be an added advantage;
- Understanding of Public Finance Management Act and National Treasury Regulations will be an added advantage; and
- At least ten years experience in an executive management / CFO position with complete responsibility for the financial function.
Necessary skills and competencies
- A sound track record in financial management at senior management level;
- Ability to implement internal systems and controls to ensure proper financial management;
- Ability to communicate effectively with directors and senior managers;
- Budgeting and planning skills;
- Skill in analysing and evaluating financial information;
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills, both internally and external to SANSA;
- Ability to establish relationships within the banking, legal and business community;
- Ability to write financial reports and produce supporting documentation.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Developing and implementing the SANSA financial strategy and approach as aligned to the overall SANSA strategic plan;
- Directing and overseeing all aspects of the finance functions ensuring healthy financial management;
- Taking full responsibility for the Supply Chain Management functions. These include demand management, acquisition management and disposal management;
- Assuming overall accountability for managing all financially related governance compliance activities;
- Ensuring that the company complies with all legal requirements; and
- Building and maintaining effective relationships to support and promote the organisation across the Public and Private sectors.
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
In addition, SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment. SANSA also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Candidates will receive preference under this.
Applications will close on 16 March 2022; register your detailed CV and Cover letter here if you’re interested and meet the requirements. SANSA will only communicate with shortlisted candidates. Consequently, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not get feedback after four weeks.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.