The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is recruiting a business development administrator at the Space Operations programme situated in Hartebeeshoek, Gauteng. The business development administrator will report to the business development manager. The successful candidate will support the business development department in administration related to contracts, client/stakeholder relations, sales/finances, and marketing.
The position is open to individuals with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, and qualifications who put the interests of the nation first, have a commercial mindset, think like our customers, are knowledge-driven and people-centric.
Key areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Contract Administration – Monitor performance in terms of the contract and highlight non-compliance
- Client/ Stakeholder Relations Administration – Handle sales, business development, marketing queries, filing, administration, and reports relating to clients/stakeholders
- Financial Administration – track progress against the set targets in terms of sales, and marketing; check that invoicing is done according to the contract, and follow up on outstanding debt.
- Marketing – Prepare presentations and marketing material for conferences and trade shows to promote Space Operations services; conduct market research into the space and specifically ground segment industry.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects and activities.
- National Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience in a technical environment, dealing with customers and other stakeholders.
- Experience working with different departments in project management, customer relations, and marketing is advantageous.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and proficiency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid driver’s licence
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment, and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
By applying for this vacancy, the candidate consents that SANSA can collect, process, and share their personal information (PI) for verification, assessment, and employment purposes only. SANSA also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its employment equity goals and targets, preference will be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups (African males and females, coloured females, and people with disabilities).
Applications will close on 22 July 2022. If you meet the above requirements and are interested, kindly send your detailed CV and cover letter here, indicating Business Development Administrator in the subject line. Also attach a certified copy of your ID, qualification certificates, and the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three contactable referees. Only shortlisted candidates will receive feedback. Furthermore, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not receive feedback four weeks after the closing date.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.