The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) has a vacancy for an Executive Assistant for a 12-month fixed-term performance-based contract. The successful applicant will report to the Digital Earth Africa Program Management Office situated in South Africa, Gauteng, Pretoria.
The Executive Assistant will report to the Managing Director of the DE Africa Programme Management Office. The incumbent will be responsible for the effective management of the Office of the DE Africa MD and provide administrative and secretarial support to the DE Africa MD.
The successful candidate will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the MD’s schedule, including diary management, organise meetings, track and monitor email correspondence to the MD;
- Take minutes in meetings;
- Make travel arrangements for the MD;
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software;
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping;
- Review submissions to the MD’s office for compliance such as the inclusion of all supporting documents; and
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties and / or take messages on behalf of the MD.
The ideal candidate will have:
- NQF Level 7 University Bachelor’s Qualification or equivalent in a related field;
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with an executive linked to the African continent;
- 3 to 5 years of experience or exposure working with VIP and diplomatic events;
- 3 to 5 years of experience coordinating high level-strategic events; and
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with senior government officials and c-suite stakeholders (as an added advantage).
Key areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Administrative and secretarial support;
- Coordination of meetings;
- Travel coordination;
- Stakeholder management.
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
In addition, DE Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment. Also, DE Africa subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities and other under-represented designated groups. Candidates will receive preference under this.
Applications will close on 15 June 2022; if you meet the above requirements and are interested, kindly send your detailed CV and Cover letter here. Only shortlisted candidates will receive feedback. Furthermore, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not receive feedback four weeks after the closing date.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.