The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is hiring an events assistant for a three-month contract in Hermanus, Western Cape. The events assistant will report to the communications practitioner and will assist in the event planning for SANSA. The Events Assistant will be required to provide support for all the stakeholder and VIP events planned between August 2022 and October 2022.
The position is open to individuals with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, and qualifications. Furthermore, this position requires the successful candidate to be based in Hermanus.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Management of the guest list for each event
- Communication with potential guests
- Assisting with setting up and registration activities
- Reporting after each event
- Preparing programmes, and ordering catering etc.
- Any aspects related to the administration part of events may be included
The ideal candidate should have:
- Strong administrative skills with good organisational and communication skills
- Must be fully computer literate and able to use Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Lots of energy
Please note that this vacancy exists in HERMANUS, WESTERN CAPE, SOUTH AFRICA and the successful applicant will need to be based in Hermanus. The applicant must be available to start on 1 August 2022.
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment, and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process. In addition, SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment. SANSA also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity. As such, preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
Applications will close on 21 July 2022. If you meet the above requirements and are interested, kindly send your detailed CV here. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not receive feedback four weeks after the closing date.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.