The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) has a vacancy for a Supply Chain Management (SCM) Officer. The successful applicant will report to the SCM Manager in Pretoria. The position will be based at the SANSA Hermanus in the Western Cape and requires the incumbent to be based in Hermanus.
The SCM Officer will be primarily responsible for procuring goods and services for the Space Science Programme and Hermanus Facility for up to ZAR 1 million, ensuring compliance with National Treasury regulations on procurement. In addition, the incumbent will need to be able to complete the entire procurement process chain, including serving as the Bid Specification & Evaluation Committee Chairperson and reporting on SCM information and general administration.
The successful candidate will
- Coordinate the SCM function, including demand, acquisition, logistics and contract management;
- Use the Treasury Central Supplier Database (CSD) to procure goods and services and assist the suppliers in registering on the CSD;
- Load new vendors in the ERP system;
- Liaise with project managers with regards to procurement plans up to ZAR 1 million;
- Daily procurement of goods and services;
- Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and competencies to requirements;
- Prepare RFQ and RFP documentation, and obtain quotations;
- Ensure that all bid specifications comply with relevant legislation, regulations, and policies;
- Evaluate and recommend purchases according to Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act which includes B-BBEE, price and functionality;
- Create Purchase Orders on the Sage X3 system;
- Assist in the opening of public tenders and ensure tenders are registered;
- Be a chairperson and secretary for the Bid Specification and Evaluation Committees;
- Maintain proper filing, audit trail and compliance;
- Advise the line departments on the correct procurement mechanisms;
- Liaise with service providers and obtain outstanding/ required documents/ information;
- Liaise with the Finance unit with regards to the supporting documents for payment and queries;
- Prepare monthly SCM reports and general administration;
- Provide administrative support with references to BEE certification and supplier development programmes;
- Continually research new vendors and products to obtain best-value purchasing for SANSA; and
- Knowledge of the tender process and the ability to perform in that space would be advantageous
The ideal candidate will have
- Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain Management/ Logistics/ Purchasing / Finance/ Commercial or relevant equivalent SAQA level qualification;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Supply Chain Officer or similar;
- Knowledge of applicable legislative and regulatory frameworks, e.g., Public Finance and Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations and guidelines, SCM Regulations, practice notes, circulars, policy frameworks etc.;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Knowledge of MS packages (preferably Microsoft Excel and Word); and
- Knowledge of and experience in using SCM processing on an ERP system (SAGE X3 would be advantageous).
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
In addition, SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment. SANSA also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities and other under-represented designated groups. Candidates will receive preference under this.
Applications will close on 10 June 2022; register your detailed CV and Cover letter if you’re interested and meet the requirements. SANSA will only communicate with shortlisted candidates. Furthermore, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not receive feedback four weeks after the closing date.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.