The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) intends to recruit a Shift Lead Technician: Satellite Operations on a permanent basis. The Shift Lead Technician will report to the Operations Manager and oversee and/or perform specific routine or ad-hoc operations using appropriate resources. This involves operations that are typically undertaken in operating a Satellite ground station. In addition, it includes the rendering of services and products to other SANSA Programmes and Departments of Government and external clients and stakeholders such as international Space Agencies and Satellite Operators.
Key areas of responsibility
- Oversee and perform all operational and technical tasks and activities related to the provision of Space Operations services;
- Ensure that the shift team is capable and able to fulfil all the required tasks and deliverables;
- Assist shift team in achieving required standards and guiding the team activities and schedule;
- Keep abreast of all operational system performances and statuses;
- Ensure all shift performance targets and objectives are achieved;
- Operate and maintain equipment and systems in accordance with procedures, prescribed instructions and /or specifications;
- Apply documented processes and procedures relating to systems, site infrastructure and/or equipment non-conformances, failures, risks, or anomalies; and
- Ensure effective and efficient customer service and technical support.
Qualifications and experience
- A three-year Diploma in Electronics Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Two or more years relevant experience in Radio Frequency (RF), microwave and/or telecommunications applications
- A good understanding of satellite communications and RF principles
- Preferably five years or more of experience in Satellite ground station operations
- A good understanding of Telecommunications, RF principles and satellite applications.
Problem-solving and supervisory skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and proficiency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Applicants should note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualifications, citizenship checks, competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process. In addition, the candidate consents that SANSA can collect, process, and share their Personal Information (PI) for verification, assessments, and employment purposes only by applying for this vacancy.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act. Therefore, in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its Employment Equity goals and targets, SANSA will give preference to candidates from under-represented designated groups (African males and females, Coloured females, and People with disabilities).
Interested persons can apply here. Consequently, SANSA will only communicate with short-listed candidates, and applicants may regard their applications as unsuccessful if they receive no communication in four weeks from the closing date. The application will close on 5 April 2022.
You can visit here for more information on the opening.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.