The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is looking to recruit a SHEQ and Logistics Practitioner. The incumbent will report to the SHEQ and Logistics Manager. The successful candidate will support the SHEQ Office in maintaining ISO 9001:2015 (Quality), ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental) and ISO 45001:2018 (Safety) compliances and standards, ensuring operational efficiency and effectiveness. In addition, the role also administers all the logistics of SANSA Space Operations in terms of importing and exporting goods for all customers, nationally and internationally, fulfilling the role of the export and import agent.
Key areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Risk and compliance (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018);
- Health and safety compliance;
- SHEQ administration and coordination support;
- Import and Export Administration; and
- Import and Export advisory support.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A three-year degree or diploma in Safety, Health, Environmental or Quality;
- Technical qualifications or Trade tests will be advantageous;
- ISO systems implementation courses (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018) certificates;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the technology industry as SHEQ Practitioner or similar role;
- Logistics (import and export) experience will be advantageous;
- Must have an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ related legislations and company standards;
- Accreditation, knowledge, and experience in ISO 9001/14001/45001;
- Good communications and report writing skills;
- We are in a remote area with no access to public transport. Therefore, applicants need to have a valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation to and from work.
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
In addition, SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment. SANSA also subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Candidates will receive preference under this.
Applications will close on 26 May 2022; register your detailed CV and Cover letter if you’re interested and meet the requirements. SANSA will only communicate with shortlisted candidates. Consequently, applicants may assume their applications were unsuccessful if they do not get feedback after four weeks.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.