The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) has a monitoring and evaluation officer vacancy at the Head Office in Pretoria, Gauteng. The role is for any individual that has the relevant skills, drive, competencies, qualifications, prioritises the nation’s interests, has a commercial mindset, is knowledge-driven and people-centric. In addition, the ideal candidate must be passionate about their personal growth and the national space industry’s success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative and technical support relating to organisational planning and reporting;
- Implementation of SANSA corporate planning, monitoring & evaluation (M&E) frameworks, and monitoring & evaluation standard operating procedures;
- Implementation of SANSA’s monthly, quarterly and annual reporting calendar in accordance with legislative requirements;
- Assisting the M&E manager with the collection, collation and analysis of performance data in support of the cross-functional monitoring, evaluation and reporting functions of the Agency;
- Analysis of organisational performance against set performance standards/targets, i.e., an assessment of actual versus expected results;
- Recording, managing and preserving M&E data in a safe and accessible way;
- Coordination of processes for compilation of annual performance plans with key measures & targets and key performance indicators;
- Analysing and discussing findings based on regular monitoring data;
- Providing technical support on M&E to relevant users of the performance monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Supporting business units and functions in the collation of organisational performance data;
- Assisting in all respects in the monitoring and evaluation of organisational performance; and
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual dashboards and reports.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A three-year Bachelor’s degree or national diploma in Public Administration/Business Management Sciences/Public and Development Sector Monitoring and Evaluation;
- An NQF level 7 qualification in these areas will be advantageous;
- A minimum of three years Public Sector Monitoring & Evaluation experience;
- Four years+ of Public Sector Monitoring & Evaluation experience will be advantageous; and
- A valid Code EB driver’s license and willingness to travel.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of employment equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Accordingly, preference will be given to candidates following this.
Closing Date: 26 July 2021
Should you meet the above requirements, please register your detailed CV here.
SANSA will contact only the short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from SANSA within four weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI). SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports creating an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organisation can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.