The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is looking to recruit a facility and SHEQ [Safety, Health, Environment and Quality] manager. The opportunity exists at SANSA’s Head Office situated in Pretoria, Gauteng.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Executive Director of Enterprise Services and will provide the appropriate facilities and support services, including buildings, construction, physical infrastructure maintenance, logistics management, security management, management of related projects and vehicles, and all health and safety aspects at SANSA’s Head Office situated in Pretoria.
Qualification and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A B.Tech qualification in Electrical or Civil Engineering with an appropriate Trade Test /degree in Facilities Management/Engineering or relevant field with five (5) years facilities management or related experience with a strong knowledge background in facilities management, security and logistics.
In addition to the above SHEQ training/certification will serve as an added advantage;
- Must have an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ related legislations such as ISO 18001 and an understanding of ISO 9001 will be an added advantage;
- Project Management Certification and/or proven record in managing facilities (buildings, infrastructure etc.) projects will be an added advantage;
- Project management skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Well-versed in technical operations and facilities management best practices;
- Ability to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Understand and implement security regulations;
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills; and
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Facilities Management;
- Logistics Management;
- Security Management;
- Health, Safety and Security compliance;
- Project Management;
- People Management.
Applicants are to note that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Furthermore, background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, capabilities, and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
In addition, SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. To this end, preference will be given to candidates following the Agency’s Employment Equity Plan.
Interested applicants should upload their CVs here. However, SANSA will only communicate with shortlisted candidates. Thus, If applicants have not heard from it within four weeks of closing, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. The opportunity closes on 25 January 2022.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.