The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is hiring a temporary finance and business manager for three months in its Space Science Programme within the Hermanus facility in Western Cape province. Thus, the candidate has to be based in the Western Cape. SANSA expects the incumbent employee to be people-oriented, be able to work under pressure, and have all the required qualifications and skills.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Provide oversight and management guidance to the finance, SCM and administration team;
- Work closely with the acting CFO to ensure financial compliance at all levels for the Hermanus Facility;
- Execute and oversee all financial, SCM, administration and housekeeping matters for the Hermanus Facility;
- Prepare management accounts and other financial reports to enable effective decision making; and
- Manage internal audits, mid-term budget, and planning cycle.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Accounting with Management skills;
- A degree in Accountancy with 15 – 20 years experience in financial accounting;
- Clean accounting and credit check records;
- At least five years people management experience;
- Ability to utilise SAGE X3, ABSA online banking systems, and MS Teams;
- Advance skills in MS Office, especially Excel; and
- Analytical skills to analyse business documents.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Background verification, including criminal records, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of employment equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this. However, SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply and attach your detailed CV here.
Closing date: 16 July 2021
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from SANSA within four weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports creating an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the South African national government policy framework. For more information about the organisation, kindly check here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.