The 6th edition of the biennial African School of Fundamental Physics and Applications (ASP 2020), will take place from July 5 to July 25, 2020 in Marrakesh, Morocco.
Specifically, the ASP conference will take place from July 20 to July 24, 2020.
Members of the International Organising Committee made a site visit to Morocco between April 1 and April 5, 2019. The objective of the site visit was to meet with the Local Organising Committee and to converge on a programme of actions leading towards a successful ASP.
The ASP activities consist of the following:
- A 3-week scientific program for about 60 to 80 students from all around Africa, who possess a minimum of 3 years of university education in mathematics, physics, computing and/or engineering;
- African Conference on Fundamental Physics and Applications (ACP) organised in a schedule that is parallel to the students’ and teachers’ activities. It includes talks by invited contributors in many different fields;
- A one-week workshop, to train 70–80 high school teachers for improved physics teaching;
- A one-week program that consists of outreach to motivate about 1,200 to 1,500 high school learners to develop and maintain interest in physics;
- A forum that consists of talks, discussions, and debate about the role and the future of ASP in capacity development in Africa; and
- A continuous mentoring and coaching program to help ASP students.
Applications are open to science-inclined students from October 15, 2019 to January 15, 2020.
Applications should be supported by the following:
- Statement of interest
- All university transcripts
- One letter of recommendation from a university advisor
- Copy of a Student Identification card
Links to the online application will be activated on October 15, 2019.
Opportunities For ASP Alumni
ASP alumni may submit abstracts to come and give talks about their research work. If your abstract is being selected for a talk, you will need to seek coverage from your home institute to be eligible to travel. Depending on funding, we may cover the participation of a few ASP alumni for specifically-invited talks. Check the website for opening dates of the conference registrations.
ASP alumni that wish to attend the conference should register for the conference. Alumni should not fill the online student applications for new students; any alumnus who registers as a new student will not qualify; they should, instead, register to attend the conference.
Only selected students that have not attended any previous ASP, will be fully covered. Please check the website regularly for the opening dates of the online student applications and further details.
For more information, visit the website
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.