The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) invites interested individuals to participate in its Data Workshop led by the Biodiversity and Protected Areas Management (BIOPAMA) Regional Resource Hub (RRH) from 18 to 22 March 2024. The training will be held physically at RCMRD premises in Nairobi, Kenya. The target participants are from following countries we cover in Eastern and Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
BIOPAMA aims to improve the long-term conservation and sustainable use of natural resources in African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries, in protected areas and surrounding communities. It is an initiative of the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States financed by the European Union’s 11th European Development Fund, jointly implemented by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission (JRC).
The objectives of the training are as follows:
- To strengthen the relationships between the RRH and the countries, in particular, those that manage data on protected and conserved areas;
- To demonstrate and discuss the importance of data and information in decisions related to effectiveness and governance in protected and conserved areas;
- To demonstrate the information management process of the RRH (data collection and process until publication of the information and knowledge products) to allow countries to engage actively;
- To demonstrate and discuss the role the RRH can play in reporting processes, e.g., to the Convention on Biodiversity (CBD);
- To understand what the interests and needs of users and potential users in the countries are, to allow the RRH team to improve the services and products available;
- To share information about the upcoming Regional Centre of Excellence that will cover Biodiversity and Forestry aspects; and
- To learn from the various actors in the conservation field how to access and utilise their data for decision-making.
How to Register
Interested Participants should register here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.