Registrations are open for the 7th Sub-Saharan Spectrum Management Conference in Cape Town, South Africa. The Conference will take place in a hybrid format on 3 and 4 November 2022. The event will gather key stakeholders to discuss topical issues relating to the management and coordination of spectrum policy across the region. During the 2 days, attendees will have the opportunity to get involved and engage through interactive sessions, networking opportunities, an exhibition area and much more.
Key themes for the conference include the following:
- Spectrum challenges, opportunities and targets for Africa;
- World Radiocommunication Conference 2023 (WRC-23) – progress, challenges and opportunities;
- Digital switchover and the wider sub-1GHz ecosystem;
- Spectrum pricing and award mechanisms;
- Towards a harmonised 5G strategy for Africa;
- Rural connectivity and the digital divide; and
- Key mid-band frequencies – 2.6GHz, C-band, 6GHz
Interested persons can also register interest in attending a training workshop on spectrum monitoring being held as part of the PRIDA project on 1-2 November. The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) and Forum Global will run a fellowship scheme for the PRIDA Workshop and the Sub Sahara Spectrum Management Conference. As a result, fellowship applications will be open to eligible administrations in the Sub Sahara region. If you are interested in learning about this when the organisers have more information, please get in touch.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.