The EUMETSAT Satellite Application Facility in Support to Operational Hydrology and Water Management (H SAF), supported by EUMETrain, is organising a virtual workshop that will be held between 24-28 January 2022. The 5th EUMETSAT H SAF User Workshop aims to provide satellite-derived products related to precipitation, soil moisture and snow over land in support of hydrology and water management. In addition, H SAF provides both continuous quality assessment of products and the evaluation of their hydrological impact for the benefit of the end-user. Also, satellite-based H SAF rainfall estimates and soil moisture are particularly relevant to support flood or drought monitoring, water management and agriculture.
The workshop objectives will be:
- To introduce the H SAF products and their evolutions concerning the future European satellite missions;
- The usage of satellite products for flood and drought monitoring and water resources management applications;
- To present use cases of the H SAF products in hydrological applications and emergency management in various regions, including Europe and Africa;
- To demonstrate how to download, process, and apply products for different goals related to water monitoring and water management applications, with examples over the European and African Regions; and
- H SAF products quality assessment and applications.
- For more information about the workshop, kindly check here
- The agenda and the registration links are available here
- Participants are eligible to present at the workshop and are encouraged to browse through the session programme and select the session of interest (Session 2 – Session 6 are Open for abstracts submission).
- Please follow the guidelines on this link for submission of your abstract (deadline 10 December 2021).
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.