The Saudi Space Commission (SSC) is launching the “Founder Catalyst Programme” in partnership with Techstars for its first cohort. A ten-week non-equity-backed programme that provides early-stage companies or innovative idea-stage founders in the space sector with the training, tools, mentorship, and network to prepare them for the next level. The programme cultivates a community of innovative and ambitious individuals who are all highly motivated to support each other’s success. This experience will provide founders with the ability to hone their entrepreneurial skills, connect with fellow founders for possible collaborations, better understand their target customers and dig deeply into the innovative solutions that they are creating.
Participants will receive access to the Techstars worldwide network of entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, and partners. They will also receive support from SSC’s vast technology and space expertise across a variety of business units.
Furthermore, the space accelerator programme was established to support local entrepreneurs and startups in the space sector, and ultimately boost the Saudi entrepreneurial ecosystem. The programme consists of a series of cohorts each catered towards startups at different stages of development. The first cohort will take place in January 2023 and we are delighted to be partnering with Techstars to deliver the “Founder Catalyst Programme” for early-stage startups.
- Support both local and global startups looking to create innovative solutions;
- Nurture founders into getting their space-related business models ready for market;
- Boost the national space sector in accordance with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s 2030 vision; and
- For founders to become investment and/or accelerator ready.
- Applications Open – 16 October 2022
- Final Deadline for Applications – 28 November 2022
- Virtual Programme – January – March 2023
- Pitch Day – April 2023
- Startups will receive a SAR 60,000 (approx. USD 16,000) non-equity grant for startup development costs.
- Early-stage startups;
- Been operating for less than 2 years;
- Have demonstrated some traction;
- Raised less than USD 1 million; and
- Have an idea or startup that contributes or is related to the space sector.
This Programme Might Be Right For You If You:
- Are 18 years or older and have an innovative solution that contributes to the development of the space sector;
- Are looking to gain knowledge in business modelling and planning; and
- Are looking for more market opportunities.
- Earth observation;
- Big Data Processing;
- Power systems (energy generation, energy storage, energy management);
- Applied AI and ML;
- Geospatial Analytics;
- Autonomous Systems and Robotics;
- Advanced Manufacturing;
- Advanced Structures;
- Systems on Chips Computing; and
How to Apply
This link will bring you to a third-party website, owned and operated by an independent party over which SSC has no control. Any link you make to or from the 3rd Party Website will be at each applicant’s risk. Any use of the 3rd Party Website will be subject to and any information provided will be governed by the terms of the 3rd Party Website, including those relating to terms and conditions, confidentiality, data privacy and security terms.
For more information, kindly check the official programme’s website.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.