The Ethiopian Space Science and Geospatial Institute’s (ESSGI) astronomy and astrophysics research department is organising a two-day (25-26 April 2023) online radio astronomy training for Master’s, PhD, and other professionals interested in radio astronomy.
The online training organised by ESSGI will be conducted in collaboration with the Harvard–Smithsonian Centre for Astrophysics, the Square Kilometre Array Observatory (South Africa’s chapter), and the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) in India.
The training aims to:
- Create a platform for continental coordination of radio astronomy;
- Foster effective communication and dissemination of space science and astronomical knowledge among professional astronomers, ESSGI and other relevant organisations;
- Increase the number of space science and astronomy researchers within ESSGI and other relevant institutions;
- Expand the scope of scientific research in radio astronomy and related fields in Ethiopia;
- Build collaboration with local, regional and international research Institutes and universities; and
- Enhance public interest in astronomy, which enhances science literacy and leads many to careers in science and engineering.
- Dr James. C – Star formation within the milky way.
- Dr Kamlesh. R – Data reduction using CASA (Common Astronomy Software Applications).
- Dr Dharam. V – General radio astronomy and interferometry.
- Dr Seblu Humne
- Ms Hawi Yohannis
- Training dates – 25-26 April 2023
- Visit here to apply for the training
N.B: ESSGI will update the registration links for selected participants after reviewing the applicants.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.