The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) is recruiting a data marketing officer–GS5 to its facility in Kenya. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Geospatial Data & Technologies, and will be responsible for data identification, marketing and selling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Market the organisation’s products to new clients;
- Data identification and selling;
- Initiate transfer of funds for data purchase;
- Assist in the development of applications and value-added products;
- Regularly assess the availability of new data and products;
- Download data from different sources;
- Record client requirements;
- Liaise with Finance Division in preparing quotations, pricing and payments;
- Handle clients and visitors seeking information on data types, need and application; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics, Remote Sensing, GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, Data Science, Geoinformatics or a related field;
- Three (3) years of work experience in Geo-Information Applications
Qualifications relevant to geo-information
Salary Scale: The salary for the above position is consolidated and is in the range of:
GS5: Ksh. 713,807 by Ksh. 35,315 to ksh 1,031,648 p.a. Entry point for the position will be determined by qualifications and experience.
Benefits: These include, housing allowance, transport allowance, contributory provident fund with both parties contributing 7% of monthly basic salary towards the fund, 10% gratuity of annual basic salary based on successful completion of the contract and a staff contributory group medical scheme to a maximum of five (5) family members.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications, via mail to email@example.com no later than 8 July 2022. The applications, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as copies of relevant certificates and testimonials should be addressed to:
Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development,
P.O Box 632, 00618,
The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from suitably qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged. In addition, RCMRD does not charge any fees during the recruitment process.
You can get more information regarding the opening here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.