The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) is an Intergovernmental organisation which provides services in surveying, mapping, remote sensing, GIS and ICT to its member States, partners and clients. It currently has twenty member States in the Eastern and Southern Africa Region. RCMRD is seeking applications for research assistants for a short-term data collection exercise named the Gender-sensitive Agricultural Satellite-based Insurance (GAIINS) in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend training and assist with calibrating/pretesting field instruments as needed.
- Assess respondents’ eligibility and obtain written informed consent.
- Conduct one on one interviews and record responses.
- Participate in data quality assurance procedures.
- Ensure participants’ data is kept confidential.
- Be available full-time for the entire period of engagement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Gender, GIS, Remote Sensing, Climate Change, Environmental Science, Statistics and related fields;
- Basic understanding of research ethics;
- Excellent communication skills;
- At least one year of experience in ODK-based data collection in rural areas;
- Fluency in English and Swahili;
- Should have an Android-based phone with OS 5.0 or higher; and
- Previous experience working on related themes is an added advantage
Individuals proficient in local languages such as Luhya, Kalenjin, Kamba and Embuare encouraged to apply. Applications from female candidates are encouraged. The successful candidates will receive a remuneration of USD50 per day for nineteen (19) days.
To apply, interested candidates should submit their applications with the subject “Field Enumerator- GAIINS Project”, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission of applications is on 15 May 2023.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.