The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) is hiring a communication coordinator to work at RCMRD, Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will be responsible for all BIOPAMA RRH communications, both in support of its effective implementation and to raise its visibility and profile. In addition, the candidate is expected to develop and oversee the implementation of the RRH Branding and Marketing Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the development and implementation of the BIOPAMA RRH Communications and Visibility Plan Strategy as well as its branding and marketing plan in particular.
- Exploring and evaluating scenario options for the implementation of communications activities.
- Defining brand strategy and positioning, managing the brand and providing clear brand guidelines for its protection; tracking and measuring its performance to inform future activity.
- Overseeing or directly designing and deploying strategic communication products for enhancing BIOPAMA RRH delivery, out-scaling and resource leveraging, including those which contribute to building strategic relationships with key government institutions, private sector partners, IUCN, JRC and other stakeholders.
- Working closely with the program partners, keep track of outreach campaigns, events and activities, and support the design of engaging marketing and public relations materials.
- Developing draft terms of reference for necessary communications services, including designing of innovative communication activities.
- Ensuring efficient and effective documentation and information management, and updating relevant internal information management systems/platform in a timely manner.
- Leading in contributing to writing, rewriting, and editing material in English languages of project site for institutional branding and promotional material and produce publications (as needed) together with the technical staff involved in the running of the RRH.
- Coordinating proactively with the global BIOPAMA Communications Outreach and Engagement team to ensure project activities are effectively promoted at regional and global levels.
- Designing and developing BIOPAMA RRH project communications campaigns.
- Developing specific project communications templates and other communications products.
- Developing a monitoring and reporting system in order to gauge the progress of communication and marketing activities.
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Website content management
- Any other communication work related to the project as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline in communication, media, journalism or related field.
- At least 5 years of prior experience in donor-funded projects and/or development programs.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English is required.
- Demonstrated capacity for handling multimedia platforms and social media accounts.
- Strong skills in conceptualization, communication, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and working relationships with multiple stakeholders in the communication field.
- Exceptional abilities in written and relational communication skills (e.g., speaking and active listening), especially in a cross-cultural environment.
- Good skills in the use of standard software packages (MS Office).
- Personal attributes and competencies
- Strong organisation and event management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a multicultural environment and across different task teams.
- Marketing experience would be an added advantage.
The position is for an initial fixed term of one (1) year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds.
The expected remuneration package for this position shall be Ksh. 185,000 per month.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications via mail to email@example.com no later than 8 July 2022. The applications, along with a detailed curriculum vitae as well as copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, should be addressed to:
Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development,
P.O Box 632, 00618,
The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from suitably qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged. In addition, RCMRD does not charge any fees during the recruitment process.
You can get more information regarding the opening here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.