The Regional Centre For Mapping Of Resources For Development (RCMRD) and the Global Monitoring for Environment and Security and Africa (GMES and Africa) invites suitably qualified Masters and PhD candidates to apply for a scholarship in the field of Earth observation (EO) for addressing various societal challenges in the Eastern African region.
As part of this call, the project provides scholarships to graduates and post-graduate students in the following countries: Comoros, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Djibouti, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, South Sudan and Uganda, to cover their research costs.
Ten scholarships worth USD 2,400 each have been made available for successful candidates in the universities in the eligible countries. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist students to complete their dissertations in an application harnessing the potential of Earth Observation. The scholarship is valid for 12 months (not exceeding December 2023).
- Registered Master’s students in their second year and are in the research stage of their programs;
- PhD candidates in their final year; and
- Graduate and post-graduate candidates utilising EO as the major component of their research and using the European Space Agency (ESA) satellites, especially sentinel, will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit the documents listed below to the email email@example.com no later than 30 January 2023, 5 pm Eastern African Standard Time.
- A 500 words motivation letter detailing the proof of need and how the scholarship will support studies;
- Proof of registration;
- Research Proposal;
- Letter from the Department Head;
- Letter from the supervisor confirming progress;
- Testimonial from the first year of graduate school; and
For more information, kindly contact the coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.