The Oukaimeden Observatory in Morocco has announced that the Sixth Oukaimeden International School for Astrophysics (OISA) will take place in Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakech, Morocco from Friday, July 1 to Thursday, July 7, 2022. As a result, interested participants can now pre-register.
OISA is the Laboratory of High Energy Physics and Astrophysics (LPHEA) and the Oukaimeden Observatory proposes a thematic doctoral school. This edition will be organised in the framework of the VIRL-UOS project, a cooperation programme between Antwerp University (Belgium) and Cadi Ayyad University (Morocco).
The scope of this edition covers the following fields:
- Spectroscopy of variable stars;
- Near-Earth Objects spectroscopy;
- Radial Velocity for exoplanets; and
- Spectroscopy instrumentation workshops on data processing
The summer school fee is EUR 300 (USD 327) per participant. The fee covers registration, school material, lunches and coffee breaks during the winter school days, and shuttle services. However, the fee does not cover accommodation, telecommunications usage, private transport, or any other personal expenses. Furthermore, the school will not confirm registration until it receives payment.
To qualify for financial support, the applicant must provide and submit the following information:
- A full CV (education, professional experience, and selected publications if any);
- Short motivation statement (explain your expectations from attending OISA);
- At least two signed recommendation letters; and
- Any evidence of partial support to cover travel and/or accommodation expenses.
The summer school will hold at Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakech, Morocco. Furthermore, Pre-registration will end on 15 May 2022 and the registration will close on 15 June 2022. Interested applicants can also learn about their Visa requirements here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.