The Pan-African School for Emerging Astronomers (PASEA) is hosting a fully-online educational program for about 60 STEM-interested university-level students. Guided by career astronomers, participants in the programme will foster their scientific curiosity and gain practical research experience and scientific computing skills via a number of exciting activities.
The program will feature the following:
- A two-week research project using a global network of telescopes to perform observations of stars in the Milky Way galaxy;
- Workshops on Python, AstroPy, Google CoLab, and data science;
- Live and recorded lectures by leading researchers in astronomy;
- Professional development seminars (including tips for applying to graduate school); and
- Countless opportunities to network and collaborate remotely with STEM students from across Africa
The programme will take place between May and June 2022. You can apply through this link and the deadline for submission of applications is March 26, 2022.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.