The Ministry of Housing, Town Planning and the City (MHUV) and the Algerian Space Agency (ASAL) signed on July 26, 2018, at the Center for Development of Satellites in Oran, a framework cooperation agreement, which is aimed at integrating space technologies and their applications into the functional environment of MHUV-dependent structures and organizations, through the implementation of tools for analysis, evaluation and decision support.
This convention was signed in the presence of the Minister of Housing, Urban Planning and the City, on the sidelines of the technical workshop gathering the experts of the
- Mapping and monitoring urban dynamics (case of the Wilaya of Oran);
- Realization of a geographical information system (GIS) for planning and urban management of the new pole of Oran;
- GIS dedicated to the validation of planning instruments and monitoring of housing programs;
- Online distribution of spatial data (web mapping);
- Recognition and location of precarious settlement sites using space techniques (case of Skikda Wilaya);
- Space and GIS tool for updating the cartography of the wilaya of Algiers.
Given the potential of space-based technologies and applications through the products of Alsat-1B and Alsat-2A / 2B high-resolution Alsat-1A medium-resolution satellite earth observation satellites, in terms of reliable and up-to-date information, these tools will allow, among others:
- monitoring the implementation of the various housing programs;
- the development of accurate and up-to-date building mapping;
- the identification of homes and buildings damaged as part of the management of natural disasters;
- Making available to the Ministry of Housing, Urban Planning and the City, the structures and organizations that depend on it, spatial data and images, value-added derived products and all services within the area of competence of ASAL.
ASAL and the MHUV agree that the themes and themes of collaboration may relate, inter alia, to services:
- studies and services: based on satellite imagery;
- technical assistance: in the implementation of geographical information systems (GIS), the implementation of tools for analysis and evaluation, to ensure optimal integration of these instruments in the functional environment of the country. Ministry;
- training: for MHUV managers and their subordinate organizations, for their improvement in the field of GIS and data processing and satellite images of earth observation, and positioning at the central and local levels;
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.