LambdaG is hiring a recent Masters or PhD graduate in electrical engineering with experience in the design and testing of antennas and RF components. Founded in 2018, LambdaG develops innovative radio frequency (RF) components and small satellite antenna systems for the aerospace and defence industry. Furthermore, LambdaG plans to grow our team and capabilities to mature current and new antenna technologies. These include, but are not limited to printed, conformal and horn antennas, passive waveguide components aided by additive manufacturing up to Ka-band.
- Identify and solve technical challenges with limited resources;
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated;
- Working knowledge of antenna performance metrics;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English; and
- Project management, planning and reporting.
1. Product Development
- Antenna conceptual design through prototype development, testing, and optimization while striving for innovative solutions;
- Communicate with clients to develop operational requirements and create designs that meet or exceed those requirements;
- Provide production and test support, including RF, environmental testing and fault finding;
- RF circuit design (filters, switches, amplifiers);
- Detailed RF design and documentation, sourcing of specific RF components; and
- Assist in assembly, integration, testing, and qualification of RF designs.
2. Technical and Project Leadership
- Support proposals, and client presentations and follow the project from inception to phase out;
- Perform quality due diligence to ensure alignment between customer’s requirements and project milestones;
- Ensure seamless integration between all the sub-systems;
- Ensure good project leadership through the breakdown of technical deliverables/milestones into manageable, measurable tasks;
- Ensure that all product design efforts are within the scope of the project;
- Efficient configuration management to ensure project technical and client documentation is kept up to date;
- Understand and review the project budget with the project manager; and
- Monitor, review and report technical risks, concerns, and decisions on the project.
Education & Experience
- Masters or PhD graduate in electrical engineering (enrolled doctoral candidates with research topics aligned to 3D-printed antennas/RF components will be an advantage);
- Three years of commercial experience in the design and test of antennas and RF electronics with a bachelor’s in electrical engineering if the requirement above is not met; and
- Proficient in FEKO, MATLAB, AWR Microwave Office (or similar simulation tools such as QUCS).
To apply for this position, kindly check here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.