The SatNav Africa Joint Programme Office (JPO) seeks to recruit a project manager and communication assistant to support the JPO team. In addition, a competent applicant from an African Union member state with a resident and work permit in Senegal is to fill the vacancy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing transversal support in project management to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the JPO team in the execution of its activities to achieve the expected results of the Action. Furthermore, the incumbent will support the team’s communication and visibility activities. In addition, he/she will interact with other members of the JPO team and other external organisations concerned with implementing the Programme.
The main tasks for the position will include:
- Contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the activities of the JPO team;
- Contribute to the development of dashboards and periodic progress reports;
- Monitors resource availability and allocation;
- Contribute to the management and archiving of the documentation produced;
- Develop and maintain automated document templates;
- Propose, develop, and implement project management tools and applications;
- Management of the calendar of events of the Programme;
- Assist in the execution of the JPO communication plan;
- Contributes to various internal and external communication projects;
- Develop and maintain social media strategy and animates the communication media (website, Twitter account, LinkedIn page);
- Creates and edit communication publications (newsletters, brochures etc.);
- Ensure the material and logistical organisation of various events;
- Develop and maintain the JPO contacts database;
- Performs any other project management and communication tasks assigned by the Director of the JPO team; and
- Report periodically on the progress of his/her duties to the Director of the JPO team.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Project Management or related area;
- University degree (or equivalent) in Communications or on-the-job digital Communications skills;
- Project Management Institute – PMI (or equivalent) certification.
- Professional experience in Project Management;
- Professional experience in the field of communications, including digital communication.
- Three (3) years or more of professional experience in Project Management;
- Three (3) years or more of professional experience in the field of communications, including digital communication.
- French, CECRL1 – C1 level
- English, CECRL – B2 level
Conditions of employment
- The post is to be filled on a fixed-term basis. However, it may include a probation period of three (3) months.
- Remuneration will be defined following the conditions applicable to the Programme and depending on the incumbent’s experience.
- The type of employment contract may differ according to the status of the incumbent. This can include a temporary contract through an employment agency.
Process of candidates selection
The selection of candidates will be compiled by JPO based on the assessment of the applications received. However, only the short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews through web-conference or in-situ as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates must complete an application dossier which shall include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Motivation letter;
- Passport copy;
- Certified copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s);
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional).
Applications dossier shall be submitted electronically no later than January 28, 2022 (16:00 UTC) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, Satellite Navigation in Africa Support Programme III subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons. To this end, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about the vacancy announcement, kindly check here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.