The SatNav Africa Joint Programme Office (JPO) seeks to recruit a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Markets Analyst to support the JPO team. In addition, a competent applicant from an African Union member state with a resident and work permit in Senegal is required to fill this vacancy.
Major duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will contribute to the implementation of the JPO to achieve its objectives and expected results, providing specialised economic expertise in the field of satellite navigation. Furthermore, the successful candidate will act as GNSS Market Analyst within the JPO team under the guidance of the Head of Adoption and Market Development. In addition, he/she will interact with all other members of the JPO team and with external organisations concerned with implementing the Programme.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Contributing to planning activities and undertaking market studies, economic analysis, impact assessments, cost-benefit analyses, business cases, statistics and econometric analyses, etc.;
- Undertaking the development of dashboards and tools to monitor the evolution of GNSS market segments and value chains in Africa;
- Undertaking the technology and sector watch and research activities in these domains;
- Undertaking GNSS downstream market development activities for different GNSS user market segments (aviation, marine rail, road, agriculture, location-based services, surveying, timing and synchronisation, drones, etc.);
- Organising users’ communities, developing consultation platforms to monitor users’ needs and requirements to recommend actions for downstream market development;
- Contributing to GMSS industrial and academic cooperation activities from the economic perspective; and
- Contributing to the GNSS promotion, applications development, capacity building and communication activities from the economic perspective.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Economics/Business/Finance or Engineering.
- Degree in applied computer science to economics/management; and
- Knowledge of GNSS or other space applications.
- Experience in market analysis, economic modelling and statistics; and
- Experience in working with innovation projects in the areas of satellite navigation, transport and agriculture
- Three (3) years or more of professional experience in the economic department of a firm or international organisation.
- French, CECRL C1 level
- English, CECRL B2 level
- Developing detailed tools and economic and econometric models for specific domains;
- Developing tools and dashboards to watch and monitor market trends and evolutions in sectors;
- Designing and organising detailed sectoral market studies;
- Conducting impact assessments, business cases and other economic evaluations;
- Building and managing the network of users and developing consultation platforms;
- Collecting, organising and analysing data;
- Maintaining sectoral databases and producing regular reports;
- Developing policies, strategies and guidance; and
- Drafting and reviewing complex programmatic documents.
- Sound experience in using computers, including the latest digital communication and document production tools (office software, VoIP software, etc.);
- Advanced digital content and production skills (text, tables, databases, etc.);
- Advanced data processing skills and database management using Excel, Access, SQL, PowerBI or similar tools; and
- Advanced project management skills using (Microsoft Projects or similar tools).
- Demonstrate professional competence and mastery of subject matter; work autonomously and confidentially; be result driven; make realistic commitments; meet deadlines; show persistence when faced with difficult situations, and work well in stressful situations.
- Work in a multicultural environment; work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project goals; solicit input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; share credit for team accomplishments and accept joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Speak and write clearly and effectively; exhibit interest in having two-way conversations; address a wide audience and be eager to share information and keep people informed.
- Take ownership of all responsibilities and honour commitments; deliver outputs within set timelines, cost and quality standards and operate in compliance with organisational rules and regulations.
Conditions of employment
- The post is to be filled on a fixed-term basis. However, it may include a probation period of three (3) months;
- Remuneration will be defined following the conditions applicable to the Programme and depending on the incumbent’s experience; and
- The type of employment contract may differ according to the status of the incumbent. This can include a temporary contract through an employment agency.
Process of candidates selection
The selection of candidates will be compiled by JPO based on assessing the applications received. However, only the short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews through web conferences or in situ, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates must complete an application dossier which shall include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV); completed using the template available here
- Motivation letter;
- Passport copy;
- Certified copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s);
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional).
The application dossiers shall be submitted electronically by 30 November 2022 (18:00 UTC) to email@example.com. Also, Satellite Navigation in Africa Support Programme III subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons. To this end, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about the vacancy announcement, kindly check here.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.