NewSpace Systems (NSS) is looking for a Production Supervisor to join its team in Somerset West, South Africa. NSS specializes in the manufacturing of advanced satellite components. The successful candidate will be responsible for production management of aerospace products, to ensure efficient assembly of products to the highest quality.
- BSc in Engineering, or equivalent degree related to manufacturing of high-reliability space or aerospace components (preferable).
Experience & Knowledge:
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in manufacturing and people management
- Successful track record of managing production projects (>5 years) preferably in the aerospace or defence environment
- Knowledge of production methodologies, visual management systems and tools
- Proficient using MS Office
- Experience and organizational skills in supervision and management of production activities, staff, and facilities.
- Sufficient technical and organizational skills to respond to typical electronics production issues
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Management systems.
Reporting To: Chief Operations Officer Production Management:
- Oversee manufacture of aerospace products for different projects;
- Set out the weekly plans and daily work activities to follow the required production targets agreed with the Project Management Office;
- Assign tasks to production staff based on priorities from the Project Management Office;
- Supports, guides, and facilitates the team through the project process; Effectively resolves issues and manages risks;
- Keep appropriate records according to standing procedures;
- Ensuring that projects are subject to inspection and review at appropriate stages;
- liaise with QC / Product Assurance to handle technical issues in the production process;
- Provide feedback on production status: materials, work in progress, work completed, and issues arising to PMO and senior management
- People management and motivation of staff
- Implement plans to improve production team competencies;
- Provide necessary tools and materials required by production team;
- Oversee store functions;
- To liaise with customers on any production related matters
- Support to Quality Management with the QC / Product Assurance Manager;
- Comply with the requirements of the NSS Business Management System;
- To keep records pertaining to the system, KPI’s, etc. To assist in the annual external Audit process
- Excellent team and people management skills;
- Sound leadership and conflict management experience.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Influencing others;
- Positive, self-starter attitude;
- Ability to bounce back;
- Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities.
- Ability to work independently, identify and solve problems and make relevant decisions;
- Ability to work under pressure in a production environment;
- Be self-motivated and action driven;
- Strong numerical aptitude and analytical abilities are essential;
- Must be able to work extended hours if required;
- English (essential)
- Afrikaans (beneficial)
Please forward CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org Preference will be given to BEE candidates.
Visit the NewSpace Systems career webpage to learn more.
Click here to get real time data and information on every Segments and players in the African space and satellite industry.