There is an opening in the National Geographic Society for a Regional Lead for the Africa region. The job description is as follows
The Regional Lead will act as NGS’s representative in the region, closely coordinating with leadership and staff at NGS headquarters in Washington, DC, while growing the community of “Explorers” (recipients of NGS funding) across Africa.
Furthermore, Working in close collaboration with the DC-based teams to leverage NGS resources and programs, and with the network of talented NGS Explorers, the Regional Lead will develop and implement training, elevation opportunities, and other offerings that address local and regional needs of the African explorer community to accelerate their impact.
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the VP, International, and with staff across National Geographic Society’s Explorer Engagement, Storytelling, Science & Innovation, Education, and operational divisions based in Washington, DC, the Regional Lead will serve as the organisation’s liaison with Explorers and other stakeholders in the region.
Requirements for the role include, amongst others
- A Bachelors in Natural or Social Science ideally coupled with a Master’s Degree or PHD
- At least 7-10 years of development/management experience in Africa and familiarity with research and conservation programs.
- Experience with grant-making, award, or other institutional affiliation program preferred.
- Experience working with subject-matter experts
- Interest or experience in supporting individuals through storytelling and media platforms
- Able to manage multiple projects in both lead and supporting roles within a matrix-based organisation
This role would suit someone from an NGO, Non-Profit, Science, Research or Environment background and someone able to work flexible hours and, COVID-permitting, international travel.
For further information regarding the job requirements, descriptions, details, amongst others, please go to this website.